Here is a new addition to my Pinterest pinboard about Sheet Music on iPads and Tablets. The Flemish Radio Choir adopted tablet-based sheet music to rehearse and perform their recent concert, titled “Digital Poem”. They have Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets running Android and the neoScores sheet music reader platform. Here is their news release:
The news release begins as follows:
The Flemish Radio Choir took a further step in the digitization process launched in November by the Brussels Philharmonic, neoScores and Samsung. For the first time, the entire production trajectory of a musical score will be carried out digitally: from the delivery of the music for practising at home and rehearsals through the concerts to archiving after the end of the performance.
The conductor, Nicolas André, comments:
I am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use the digital scores. The work by Dufay leaves a lot of room for interpretation, and thus evolves in the course of the rehearsals. Thanks to the tablets and the neoScores software, I can mark up the score quickly and easily, and can pass these on immediately to all choir members, who in turn can immediately access the updated version.
Here is a two-minute video (in Dutch and French) from tvbrussel showing the Flemish Radio Choir using the tablets in rehearsal. At 1:19 one of the singers demonstrates annotation on the tablet.
And here is a screen capture of a print article (in Dutch) about it (click for larger version):
- Brussels Philharmonic replaces sheet music with tablets [via @techinmusiced @BBCNews @CNET]
- How I chose between an iPad and an Android tablet as a music reader: Part 2
- BIG NEWS! MobileSheets PDF music reader for Android now supports annotation
- forScore on Android: A no-go, for the time being
- A choral singer weighs in on using an Android tablet for music
- Video: Using iPads and Tablets for Choir Rehearsal and Performance [via Schola Cantorum]
- Brainstorming iPad choir rehearsal guidelines on Twitter [via @Lorskyfink]
- New pinboard: Sheet Music on iPads and Tablets [via Pinterest]
- Presentation slides on iPads for choir/music [via Tech in Music Ed]
- Tablets in the choir room [via Jeff Tillinghast at @ChoralNet]