- A case for digital music
- A short history of digital music
- A primer for transitioning from paper music to digital music (beginner-friendly, with lots of step-by-step instructions)
- Profiles/case studies of working musicians and how they made the transition
Although it’s hosted on WordPress.com, it’s really more of a book than a blog, and the author states as much. It’s a “deep read” with each post as a mini-chapter, and I got the most out of it by reading the posts sequentially, starting from Introduction: From Paper to Pixels.
So grab a cup of tea, get settled in, and read Going Digital for Musicians. And do put it in your news reader – the author has been using digital music for over a decade and he has a lot of expertise to share.
(P.S. One cool tip I found on the blog: An iPad keyboard case is a great substitute for a missing or broken music rack on a piano – see below.)
- Music, Technically: A blog about choral music, technology, and education
- More posts tagged “e-books”
- More posts tagged “blog”